British Council IELTS Prize 2015
How would you like to have the British Council pay for your tuition fees? The British Council are offering several people prizes of up to $18,000 each to cover the cost of their university course.
This prize is offered to people who have completed the IELTS exam and are hoping to study either a postgraduate or undergraduate degree.
The winners will be high-calibre individuals, with a powerful drive to develop their studies and career. They should also be able to demonstrate that, as a result of their studies, they can make their society a better place to live in.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for these prizes you must:
- Be a permanent resident of the country you are applying in
- Begin undergraduate or postgraduate study in the academic year of 2015
- Attend a higher educational institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements
- Have a valid IELTS score obtained from the British Council on or after 1 June 2014
- Have a minimum band score of 6 in each of the four parts of the test
- Be able to provide an acceptance letter from the university you intend to study with by 30 June 2015
How do I apply?
- Take an IELTS test with the British Council obtain a 6 or over in all four parts.
- Go to your local British Council website (links below) and download an application form. Completed application forms must reach the British Council by 6 p.m. on 31 May 2015.
- They will notify you by email on or before 15 June 2015 whether or not you have been shortlisted.
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend a panel interview between 15 to 26 June 2015.
- Shortlisted applicants must provide a letter of acceptance from the university you plan to attend on or before 30 June 2015. Failure to provide a letter of acceptance by the deadline will result in your immediate removal from the shortlist of applicants.
- They will notify all shortlisted applicants of the final result by e-mail on or before 31 July 2015.
For more information and to download the application for please go to one of the following links.
These were all the countries I could find that a offering the prize. If your country is not on the list, please contact your local British Council directly.
Remember than you have to complete the application form by 31 May 2015.
The best way to keep up to date with posts like this is to like us on Facebook.